My Stuff in other places
- My pictures on Photo.net∞ Don't just stop there though, This place (photonet) has real photographers. This place is one of the most addictive websites I have come across. When you post a comment on someones work you can see all their other comments, what they have rated or critiqued etc. It was all started by Philip Greenspun who lectures at MIT on the formation of communities. This is a fascinating community with all the village gossip, factions, feuds and friendships. Most of all it's a great learning resource for photography. Check out the of the week∞ while you're there at least.
- Flickr∞ is also a worthwile place, the culture is different to photo.net with no rating system it's about tags and groups
- Audioscrobbler (Last.fm)∞ This is a deeply cool site (IMHO). The principal is that you use a plugin on one of the many computer music players that submits the tracks you listen to your profile on the site. As well as compiling weekly artist and track charts for you it will calculate your musical neighbours based on similarity in your tastes, and if you join any groups based on arbitrary things such as 'people who wear green shoes', the computer O/S you use or even appreciation of a particular artist, then you can see charts for those as well.
- Wikka Wakka Wiki∞ Wiki's are effectively self-service websites, collaboration tools or whatever you want them to be. I wont go into it here, suffice to say go there to read about them and my take on them for intranets.
- Linux Forums ∞I try to be an active contributer
- Gentoo Forums∞ The Gentoo linux distribution, mmm all compiled on your own machine, it has a beauty and purity all of it's own. Oh and runs on Alpha architecture too
- Del.icio.us∞ Fantastic, bookmarks that follow you about... and oh so much more. You can tag them, comment and see howmany others marked out sites as being special. Some nifty links to submit the site you are viewing to your list too. The Popular section is a good place to start browsing.
- Stumbleupon.com∞ I'm realy getting into this community stuff. An endless source of great websites and quite addictive
- Linked in∞
Favourite Photo Galleries
- Sensitive Light∞ This could be my all-time favourite gallery Gram Jeffrey is inspirational and damn good too I link to the about page as that's where I like to start
Page was generated in 0.0209 seconds